Benefits of Whole Body Cryotherapy
Whole Body Cryotherapy is also known as cold therapy. It is the use of low temperatures for medical treatment. The most common way to receive this therapy is standing in a chamber for 3-5 minutes in shallow temperatures. Below we have listed the many benefits to whole-body cryotherapy!
- Weight Loss
- Whole body cryotherapy does not cause weight loss, but it can help with the process of it. When your body is put into that cold environment, it will cause the body to work hard to stay warm leading to calorie loss. Some providers claim that it can increase the speed of metabolism all day after the session.
- Pain Relief
- It can help with muscle and joint pain. It can also improve specific muscle disorders such as arthritis. Remember being told to use an ice pack after a muscle injury? Cryotherapy has the same effect as that, but for your whole body!
- Reduced Inflammation
- This could improve overall health and reduce the risk of health problems linked to inflammation such as cancer, diabetes, depression, dementia, and arthritis.
- Preventing dementia
- Because it can reduce inflammation as explained above, it can also relieve oxidative stress that is associated with dementia.
- Treating Cancer
- A provider can use cryotherapy to freeze off cancer cells on the skin or cervix. Occasionally it can also remove other cancers.
- Reducing Anxiety and Depression
- The reduction in inflammation has a direct link to mental health conditions. Reducing that will help reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Improving Symptoms of Eczema
- Eczema is a skin condition that causes dry and itchy patches anywhere on the body. Cryotherapy has shown to improve the symptoms and even help people stop taking medication for it.
- Treats Migraine Headaches
- Focusing on the neck, the temperature from cryotherapy can help reduce the pain from headaches and migraines.
Whole body cryotherapy can also help reduce the following:
- Recovery time after workouts
K2 Cryospa is the number one cryotherapy in San Antonio! They offer many ways for pain relief, have a better joint function, and much more. For more information or to schedule an appointment, you can contact K2 Cryospa by phone or email.